Writing Academic Paper in English
Video series discussing and describing writing the various parts and sections of a research paper for English language journals.
- Writing the Title
- The Abstract and Keywords
- The Introduction
- Methods and Materials
- Results Section
- Referencing and Citing
The guiding principle of Focus on a single topic is elaborated.
Word for Writing Academic Papers in English
A short video lecture series on using Microsoft Word® facilities when writing English languiage documents. Very applicable to any type of document, but with special usefulness for theses or dissertations.
- Page Formatting
- The Insert Menu
- Formatting paragraphs
- Applying Styles
- References Menu
- Creating Table of Contents
- Creating Tables of Tables, Figures and Equatios
- Hyperlinking within the document and to external sources.
- Creation of a Template for NU journals
Overall, a recommended way to correctly and fully use this valuable writing tool to save time and format your document.
Writing Academic English
An informative video lecture series on writing academic English, appropriate to research documents, theses and dissertations, as well as general admin. documents.
Topic scovered include:
- Nouns and Articles
- Verbs and Verb tense Patterns
- Sentences, including
- Acronyms and Initialisms
- Redundancy and Repetition
- Passive & Active Voice
- Person (1st, 2nd & 3rd)
- Combining and connecting sentences.
- Clear description of methods and experimental sequences.
- English expression generally.
- Hints for Learning vocabulary.
Booking an Appointment for Consultation
Graduate students can book a session with a foreign lecturer for:
- Research papers editing
- Conference presentations and posters editing
- Conversation practice in English
- Essay writing in English advice